Wednesday 12 June 2013

Week 18 of the photo a day challenge

The theme this week was "stripes vs spots" - will you be team stripes or team spots, or a bit of both? This brief allowed for a theme within the theme, some people chose to only use nature's stripes and spots, some stuck with stripes all week, some with spots. I decided that in every photo I wanted to get both stripes and spots (I love a challenge me!)

So Sunday morning, I was in the kitchen making a cuppa and turned around to see the kids tops from yesterday on the back of a chair - perfect! Stripes vs spots? - boy vs girl!





On Monday I was getting something out of the oven with this oven glove (apparently it's not dirty enough to be an oven glove!)



On Tuesday we took the kids out for tea but my mind was elsewhere -searching the pub for a stripes vs spots photo opportunity, I suddenly realised one had been in front of me all along



On Wednesday I was brave enough to stop in the middle of the street and crouch right down with my iPhone to take this shot (the neighbours already think I'm crazy anyway) I was thinking that I'd get away with it being spots AND stripes because the spots were lined up to form stripes, but once I saw the picture I realised there were actually diagonal stripes in the concrete anyway. I never knew a paving slab could bring someone so much joy!



On Thursday, putting some clothes away inspired this shot of Emily's dresses - my family thought I was mad, going upstairs one minute with a pile of folded clean clothes and returning with a handful of Emily's dresses which I then arranged on the living room floor.

Saying "it's for a photo" has made odd behaviour acceptable in my house now!



On Friday I went low key - that is taking the picture in the dark with a single light source (in this case a bright fluorescent lamp). I'm quite pleased with how it came out, I did take this on Thursday night though so that I could post it to the group during the day on Friday, plus we were going camping and I was being picked up straight from work on the Friday.



On Saturday I was stressing for half the morning about what I could get a shot of on the campsite that was in-keeping with my self imposed theme limitation. I succumbed to the kids nagging me to play dominoes and so the opportunity presented itself. Spotty dominoes on a stripy tent carpet.
Dominoes in tent



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment