Friday 14 June 2013

Week 21 of the photo a day challenge

The theme this week was "reflections" good use of light and reflective objects to bounce images back, again I added myself the extra challenge of not using mirrors this week, but to find reflective surfaces around me.

My first photo of the week was by far my favourite, I'm so proud of it, they way the light bounces and the simple editing to put it in sepia tones and the fact that my little Emily was so compliant. This was taken early morning and you could say she was reflecting on the potential of the day as well as capturing her reflection in the glass




On Monday we had eggs for breakfast and we have black granite placemats on the table, they are great at reflecting. I was quite pleased with this shot of Archie after he'd enjoyed his boiled eggs and especially that what I didn't capture of his real face I caught in his reflection.




Tuesday morning while the kids were having breakfast, I had to retrieve some abandoned toys from the garden and whilst bent down near the table I spotted this great reflection.



A reflection of Emily in the side of the car on our way to school made Wednesday's shot


On Thursday we were just getting in from picking me up at the train station and I could see Archie's reflection in the letterbox. I decided to try and get them both reflecting in the letterbox at the same time - how hard could it be? Well given that Emily is tiny and they didn't get what I was trying to do - very hard! And upon inspection I realised that I hadn't quite got the whole of the letterbox in the shot, but I couldn't face trying to do it again.




On Friday I went all arty and used a few cocktail sticks and our black granite worktop to get this 'Mediterranean Sun' I had to edit this one in photo wizard by masking off the lemon and chillies and darkening the background but I like the result




I didn't have much time on Saturday, but while cleaning I noticed Emily was reflecting quite well in our black glossy tv unit, so I got her to strike a few poses and picked this one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment