Saturday 15 June 2013

Week 23 of the photo a day challenge

This week's theme was "Landscapes" again but this time it's obviously summer landscapes as compared to the murky foggy ones we had earlier in the year.

On Sunday we took the kids out to Fort Paull near Hull and I made P stop on the way so I could take a picture of Saltend where I worked as a chemical engineer for the placement year of my degree.



On Monday I took this from the hill behind our house, the view across the Dearne Valley.



When we are up early enough to walk to school, we have two choices; walking down one of the main routes and busiest roads into Barnsley or a slight detour takes us down the Trans Pennine trail, Tuesday was one of those days and this is what we chose



On Wednesday it was so lovely that we took the kids for a trea tea at a pub with a little play area outside. I could see an enticing field over the main road, and got moaned at for darting off for two minutes to get this shot. I think it was worth being moaned at a little



Thursday was very exciting because I realised that I had the afternoon booked off work to pick Archie up from dance class, but dance class had finished the week before so I took Mr Nikon to work with me. There's a hotel near the train station with a bar on the 13th floor, it has a balcony and this is the view



On Friday I didn't really have the chance to get a shot as I was in work early and ended up leaving late, so I used this one I had taken from the balcony yesterday



On Saturday had a go at Urban Landscapes and discovered I really love the concept of urban landscapes. There's a photo competition I'm thinking of entering and that is the theme. I wish I had a tripod though as I would've liked to have got a star burst effect with the lights, but you need a small aperture for this and as it's dark you need to compensate with a longer exposure, but without a tripod it ends up blurry.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment