Friday 14 June 2013

Meet my new friend - Mr Nikon

On Saturday afternoon my other half had taken the boys into town to get some new computer games, when he got back he asked me if I knew that they sell cameras in CEX and told me to go into town and have a look. It was about 3pm at this point and I wasn't sure I could be bothered, but Emily had been nagging me all afternoon to take her to a shop. So I decided to go and have a look. Having done some research over the last few weeks I decided I wanted a Nikon as they got really good reviews and everyone said the manual and the help functions in the camera itself were really good for a beginner to follow. I'd never had an SLR so I was going to need all the help I could get. When I got there they had a Nikon D40 with a kit lens and it was less than £200 so I rang the other half and he said "get it"

So I did!



I played and played with practise shots for a week or so, trying the different manual settings on the same subject to see how they effect the picture, but I had no way of getting them from my SD card to my iPad. And since Emily smashed the screen on my laptop two years ago, I've always only had my iPad. P had recently acquired a new laptop so I was allowed to use the old one, but it was running so slow and even then, once I had downloaded the images I needed to email them to myself to get them on my iPad. So I trawled amazon for a SD card reader for the iPad, got one for about £3 and Bob's your uncle!

My camera is now affectionately known as "Mr Nikon". Stolen from my friend and photo challenge owner, she didn't mind and I felt he deserved a title.

Here's just a few of my favourite photos I've taken with it.

Camping at Whitby:









The Leyburn food festival:










Nature and stuff:










Hornsea beach:






Hull Marina:






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment