Wednesday 12 June 2013

Week 17 of the photo a day challenge

Water and liquids week, thinking about different kinds of liquids, thin ones, viscous ones, etc. The brief was quite lose this week, just to capture liquid in it's various forms and use techniques learnt so far to produce a good quality and interesting image.

Day 111 - this was taken in my light box, I failed miserably at trying to recreate an amazing Worcestershire sauce splash on cheese on toast I'd spotted the previous week, and managed to get Worcestershire sauce on the material in my light box. So I got my macro lens out for my iPhone used this instead. People in the photo group thought it was blood!



Day 112 - out at Cannon Hall, I tried to get a slow shutter shot (using the NightCap app) of this little waterfall - they look all dreamy, but with the limitations of my iPhone and no tripod this was the best I could manage. I still like it though especially in black and white




Day 113 - bet you can't guess what this is, ok go on then, I'll tell you. You know when you're loading the dishwasher and you can't be bothered to walk over to the sink to empty the dregs of tea ad coffee from the mugs before you put them in? No? It's just me that's lazy then. That's what this is, the open door of my dishwasher after I loaded it. With tea, coffee, milk from cereal bowls and half a glass of orange squash. I thought the swirls and reflections looked interesting and I added a light leak effect using the Photo Wizard app.



I was even awarded runner up 'Admin pic of the week' for this one for it's creativity. (the admins had been choosing 3 or 4 of their favourite pics and awarding us the accolade of Admin Pic of the Week to encourage us to keep trying hard).





Day 114 - Yellow paint, I love the shadows and reflections on this one



Day 115 - this is a blue glass filled almost to the top with water, then with a layer of oil added and some washing up liquid - which pushes the oil into bubbles (after a little swirl with my finger)




Day 116 - I think this one speaks for itself really. I had the bottle placed on a piece of A4 paper on my bed! Which I thought was brave of me. So glad the kids didn't see it.




Day 117 - the boys wouldn't let her play, so she she had a little moan and came and sat next to me to watch tv. I turned to look at her and noticed this little tear (she was no longer crying - honest) so I took a quick picture before I wiped it away and gave her a cuddle.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment