Sunday 16 June 2013

Week 24 of the photo a day challenge

This week's theme was "Children" but it wasn't as simple as that! Some people don't have children, or access to children they can (legally) photograph. So there were two options with this week's brief.

A) recreate childhood memories using staging and/or props - so if a childhood memory was going to the park you could take a picture of a swing, swinging, at the local park, for example.

B) take photos of your own children, but in a way that you can't see their face(s). This of course could be while they re helping you recreate a childhood memory thereby fulfilling both options.

I, as many others in the group, made use of vintage overlays and filters to make our photos look the part too.

On Sunday (Day 160) I got Emily to dance around the living room, me and my sister used to love doing this with the radio or record player on. Kids these days can choose from one of the many music channels though.



On Monday I just had to use this shot of Emily and her friend, the girl from next door. When I was 3 I made friends with the girl who was my neighbour and who was to become my life long best friend, she is 10 months older than me and was about a foot taller then, there's a photo of us in her back garden. Over 30 years later and she's still my best friend and still a foot taller. There's about the same age gap between Emily and her friend too and I can't help wonder if they'll still be friends in 30 years time



On Tuesday I taught the kids about lucky four leaf clovers. Me and my best friend used to spend hours searching for them, my friend found a few, she even found a six leaf one and a seven left one too!




Can you imagine Emily's surprise when, on Wednesday, I sat her in front of my bedroom mirror, gave her my make up bag and told her to play! The thing is I rarely ever wear make up, she's never even seen me put it on, yet she seemed to know exactly what to do.



On Thursday I followed option A and took a photo that didn't involve kids at all. I suddenly remembered my old charm bracelet I had as a child. My dad and stepmum bought me it and got me charms for it every birthday and Christmas. It must be about 20 years old and still in perfect condition.



On Friday I got a picture of Archie trying to teach Emily how to read. It reminded me of when I used to teach my little sister to read only I was 12 and she was 6. Archie's only 5 bless him.



I finished the week with memories of the fair ground. I used to love the merry-go-rounds and tea cups. It was a real treat when we were kids, maybe once or twice a year. There seems to be some kind of ride every weekend in town these days and they charge a fortune!



2 comments:

  1. It has been one of my favourite weeks - i need to work out how to follow your blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete