Thursday 13 June 2013

Week 19 of the photo a day challenge

"Begins with the letter F" was the theme for this week - sounds simple right? Wrong! Our esteemed challenge leader decided to add an evil twist this week. Not only was she going to test our photography skills, she was also about to test our knowledge of the English Language!

The subject of the image, the thing beginning with F, was to be an adjective. Now if you're sat their scratching your head, trying to remember that lesson back in school, where Mr Cox stood in front of the class with a tweed jacket on with leather elbow patches and brown corduroys saying " a noun is a naming word, a verb is a doing word......." then you may remember that an adjective is a describing word, a word that describes a noun or an action (verb) such as the FAT cat or we ran FAST.

So there's some pretty safe adjectives beginning with F that you could photo, like 'flowery' or 'fluffy' and there's some more challenging ones like 'fickle' and 'fast'

I think most of my posts this week were of the safer variety.

At the start of the week we were still camping, so I definitely went for safe. Sunday's picture was 'fluffy clouds'



On Monday morning I was trying to work out what on earth I could do today and realised that colour can both a noun and an adjective (I think - since it's the name of a particular hue but also used to describe things). That said there's not many colours that start with F. But what made me start thinking down that route were the fluorescent guy ropes and straps on the tent. Fluorescent is an adjective right?



By the afternoon on Tuesday I still hadn't thought of anything, I'd had some ideas for when we got home, but wasn't able to stage them while we were camping. I was making lunch when it suddenly struck me that 'fried' is an adjective! Woohoo fried burgers - off I went to find my iPhone. I love how you can see the steam coming off them.



So on Wednesday (day 128 of the challenge) we were home again and I was able to stage some of the ideas I'd had while camping. Emily can be very fickle and I was trying to work out how I could capture that in a photo, she always has a different favourite teddy or dolly from week to week and I thought I could maybe catch her cuddling this week's favourite and then at the end of the week capture a picture of said teddy abandoned and forlorn while she was playing with something else in the background. (it didn't work out like that as someone else had a similar idea for 'forlorn' and it was such a difficult week to come up with ideas I didn't want them to think I'd just stolen their hard thought out idea).



On Thursday as I was tucking into my lunch I suddenly realised it was a burrito with a very FILLING filling, making use of a word that is both an adjective and a noun.



Friday's picture followed a similar theme to Thursday's in that fact that inspiration hit me at lunch time. I was hoping to do some 'very FANCY fancies' by purchasing some posh fancies from M&S but I can't stand marzipan and they didn't look particularly fancy either, but that got me hankering for a nice desert so I went for a FRIGHTFULLY FATTENING but FANTASTIC tasting chocolate and salted caramel pud



And to round the the F week off I took a picture of my FUSSY kids, sat together in Archie's bed watching a DVD, Emily has to have her pink quilt and pillow and Archie had to have his blue quilt and neither of them want the other's quilt touching them!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment