Sunday 9 June 2013

Week 15 of the photo a day challenge

Week 15 was 'Numbers' week, this was a good theme as the brief allowed a mini theme within the main theme. You could just take picture of random number related things, such a house number, or numbers on a measuring jug etc. you could also use groups of objects to represent numbers and create a mini theme, such as 1 object on the 1st day, 2 on the 2nd day etc, or you could use the same number everyday. You could also use things to form numbers from rather than taking photos of actual numbers.

I opted for the same number everyday (number 8) but formed from things around the house.

Day 97 - we had just bought a new clock for the kids' bedroom, it is shiny with a black face and mirrored numbers, I used my new 'handbag and shoes' mug (a mother's day present) to create a reflection in the number 8




Day 98 - while the kids were having breakfast I nicked two Cheerios and got the macro lens for my iPhone out to get this number 8 shot




Day 99 - this took ages to do, a number 8 made out of lentils and barley, but it took even longer to put them bag in their bags!




Day 100 - it took a few people some time work out how this one was related to a number! I used a colour splash in InstaSplash to pick out a number 8 from a bowl of blueberries



Day 101 - I spotted this wet cup ring pattern looking like an 8 in canvas print we have up on the living room wall, turned black and white in pixlr as the actual canvas is cream and maroon




Day 102 - this is a tiny little rubber washer type thing from one of Archie's construction kits, taken on our black shiny tv cabinet, so that with it's reflection it formed a number 8. I had to use NightCap for a long exposure because it was quite dark and coming out grainy otherwise



And to give a sense of the size of this tiny washer, here it is in my hand




Day 103 - my partner loves chillies and we always have loads in a bowl next to the oven, which I spotted when making lunch on Saturday and gave me inspiration for my last number 8 picture of numbers week. I enjoyed this week and was sad to see it end


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment